Our Platform is available only to users who can form legally binding contracts under applicable law. By using the Platform, you represent and warrant that you are: (i) at least eighteen (18) years of age; and/or (ii) otherwise recognized as being able to form legally binding contract under applicable law.
TYPES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT
NOCD collects information from you and about you. Here are some examples of the information we may collect:
- Contact Information. For example, we may collect your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address. We may also collect your mobile phone number.
- Account Information. If you create an account on our Platform, we will collect your username and password.
- Health Information. We may collect information about your condition including but not limited to obsessions, compulsions, triggers, intensity levels, time spent and location.
- Payment Information. For example, we may collect your billing address if you purchase a subscription through our Platform.
- Information You Post. We may collect information you post in a public space on our Platform, such as on our community forums. This may include any images and other user-generated content that you post.
- Social Media Information. We may collect information you post on our social media pages. We may also collect your social media profile information and information posted on your page.
- Information You Submit. We may collect information when you send us a message through the Platform. We may also collect the information you submit when sign-up for one of our partner programs.
- Demographic Information. We may collect your birthdate, age, gender and zip code.
- Employment Information. If you apply for a job through our Platform, we may collect your employment history and education background.
- Device Information. For example, we may collect the type of device you use to access our Platform. We may also collect your device hardware model and unique identifier, IP address or mobile operating system.
- Location Information. For example, we may collect precise location information from your device. This may include information about your exact location when you use our Platform. We may also collect this information in the background when our mobile applications are not in use. For more information about your options related to the collection of your location information, see the Choices section below.
- Other Information. If you use our website, we may collect information about the browser you are using. We might look at what site you came from, or what site you visit when you leave us. If you use our app, we might look at how often you use the app and where you downloaded it. We may also collect information about your Wi-Fi or mobile network.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR INFORMATION
NOCD collects your information in different ways. Below are some examples of how we may collect your information on our Platform.
- Directly From You. For example, when you:
- Register for an account.
- Engage with our online communities.
- Submit a request for information about a clinical trial.
- Complete exercises on our mobile app.
- Apply for a job through our Platform.
- Sign up to receive our communications.
- Participate in one of our loyalty programs, promotions, surveys, or focus groups.
- Submit a request to our customer service team.
- Interact with NOCD social media pages.
- Passively. For example, when you:
- Install and use NOCD mobile apps.
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device.
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
We may also collect information about users over time and across different websites, apps and devices when you use the Platform. Third parties also collect personal information this way on our Platform.
- From Third Parties. We may receive information about you from other sources. For example, this may include receiving information from:
- Our business partners, including health care providers, organizations that sponsor medical trials, online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest and Instagram.
- Companies that provide information to supplement what we already know about you.
- By Combining Information. For example, we may:
- Combine information that we collect offline with information we collect through our Platform.
- Combine information we collect about you from the different devices you use to access our Platform.
- Combine information we get from third parties with information we already have about you.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
Examples of how we may use your information that we collect through our Platform include:
- To Provide Our Tools and Services. This could include fulfilling your requests for tools or services. It could also include processing purchases or other transactions.
- To Improve Our Tools and Services. We may use your information to make our Platform, tools and services better. We may also use your information to customize your experience with us.
- To Understand Your Interests. For example, we may use your information to better understand what tools interest you.
- To Respond to Your Requests or Questions. This may include responding to your feedback or notifying you if you win a promotion.
- To Communicate With You. We may communicate with you about your account or our relationship. We may also contact you about this Policy or our Platform terms and conditions.
- To Determine Your Eligibility. We may use your information to verify your identity or determine your eligibility for a job that we offer through our Platform. We may also use your information to determine your eligibility for certain clinical studies or services that are offered by us or our business partners.
- For Marketing Purposes. We may provide you with information about our tools and services. We might use your information to serve you ads about tools and offers. We might tell you about new features or updates. These might be third party offers or tools, services or studies we think you might find interesting. We may also use your information to send you electronic communications. We and our partners may engage in interest-based advertising using information gathered across multiple websites, devices, or other platforms. For more information about your choices related to these communications, see the Choices section below.
- For Security Purposes. This could include protecting our company and consumers who use our tools and services. It may also include protecting our Platform.
- As Otherwise Permitted By Law or As We May Notify You.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information in the following ways:
- Internally. We may share your information within our company.
- On our Platform. For example, we may display information you post in our community forums. We may also display information you submit in connection with a promotion.
- With Clinical Trial Sites. For example, if you ask for more information about a particular clinical trial, we may share the contact information you submit to us with a clinical trial site.
- With Clinical Service Providers. For example, if you ask for more information about a particular treatment or health provider, we may share the contact information you submit to us with the clinical service provider.
- With Our Service Providers. We may share your information with third parties who perform services on our behalf. For example, this may include payment processors, analytics vendors, companies that send emails on our behalf or help us run our Platform.
- With Our Business Partners. For example, this may include a company that co-sponsors a promotion.
- With Any Successors to All or Part of Our Business or One of Our Brands. For example, if NOCD merges with, acquires or is acquired, or sells a brand or part of its business to another business entity. This may include an asset sale, corporate reorganization or other change of control. We may transfer our customer information as part of such a transaction or as stand-alone assets. You hereby consent to such transfers and NOCD may assign and transfer all of the rights, benefits, duties, and obligations of this Policy, under the circumstances described in this paragraph.
- To Comply with the Law or To Protect Ourselves. For example, this could include responding to a court order or subpoena. It could also include sharing information if a government agency or investigatory body requests. We might share information when we are investigating a potential fraud. This could include fraud we think has occurred during a sweepstakes or promotion. We may also share information if you are the winner of a sweepstakes or other contest with anyone who requests a winner’s
- For Other Reasons We May Describe to You.
CHOICES REGARDING YOUR INFORMATION
You have certain choices about how we use your information. Certain choices you make are browser and device specific.
You can opt out of receiving our marketing communications. Note that you will still receive transactional messages from us, including information about your account and responses to your inquiries. To opt out of receiving our marketing communications, you can follow the instructions included with the communication.
Mobile Application and Location Based Services:
- If you have previously opted into NOCD's collection and use of location-based information through our mobile applications, you may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
- You may also opt-out of location-based information collection by NOCD if you uninstall all NOCD mobile apps from your devices.
You may opt-out by adjusting the settings on your mobile device.
Cookies & Other Tracking Technologies:
- Your browser may give you the ability to control cookies or other tracking tools. How you do so depend on the type of tool. Certain browsers can be set to reject browser cookies. To control Flash cookies, which we may use on certain websites from time to time, you can go here. Why? Because Flash cookies cannot be controlled through your browser settings.
Our Do Not Track Policy:
- Some browsers have “do not track” features that allow you to tell a website not to track you. These features are not all uniform. We do not currently respond to those signals. If you block cookies, certain features on our sites may not work. If you block or reject cookies, not all of the tracking described here will stop.
- Options you select are browser and device specific.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send us an email at [email protected] or write to us at the address listed below. Indicate in your email or letter that you are a California resident making a "California Shine the Light" inquiry.
NOCD uses reasonable means to safeguard personal information under our control. When you access the Platform using modern web browsers, Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology protects your information using both server authentication and data encryption. These technologies help ensure that your information is safe and secure. Unfortunately, no website, server or database is completely secure. NOCD cannot guarantee that your information will not be disclosed, misused or lost by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others. It is your responsibility to protect your username and password.
STORAGE OF INFORMATION
Information we maintain will be stored in the United States. This Platform is intended for use in the United States and US Territories and is subject to the laws of the United States, which may not provide the same level of protections as those in your own country.
Our Platform may contain links to other third-party sites that are not governed by this Policy. If you click on a link to a third-party site, you will be taken to a site we do not control. We are not responsible for the privacy practices used by third party sites. We suggest that you read the privacy policies of those sites carefully. We are not responsible for these third-party sites.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions, comments or concerns with respect to our privacy practices or this Policy, or wish to update your information, please feel free to contact us at [email protected]. You may also write
to us at the following address:
Attention: Privacy Officer
444 N Michigan Ave, Suite 1420
Chicago, IL 60611
CHANGES IN POLICY
From time to time, we may change our Policy. We will notify you of any material changes to our Policy as required by law. We will also post an updated copy on our Platform. Please check our Platform periodically for updates.
© NOCD, INC. 2019.